[R] Predicted values for zero-inflated Poisson

Laura Lee laura.lee at ncdenr.gov
Tue Jul 10 18:27:16 CEST 2012

I want to predict the number of turtles for different levels of effort and
combinations of covariates. So, for my dataset from which I built the model,
would I compare sum(predict(ZIP,type="response")) to the observed bycatch to
compare numbers? In order to predict for the new data (called effort), would
I use sum(predict(ZIP,newdata=effort,type="response"))? I want to be certain
I am understanding the coding--this is my first time using the predict
function.

Thanks,

Laura

-----
Laura M. Lee
Senior Stock Assessment Scientist
North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries
E-Mail: laura.lee at ncdenr.gov