[R] Using data stored in a file for a heatmap

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:23:51 CEST 2012

I might suggest you use read.csv() instead of scan if your data really
is a csv (what you provided isn't).

Once you have it in R, I'd recommend you use a formula interface to
levelplot(). Taking an example from the help page [which you can
access by typing ?levelplot and run the examples by typing
example(levelplot)], it'd be something like

 levelplot(z ~ x*y, data = inp) # Help page uses the grid data set.

which will plot z depending on x and y. Note that x,y,z are here
expected to be names of columns of the data frame inp. If your data
frame has different column names (which it likely does), you need to
change those to fit what you want to plot.

Best,
Michael

Assuming your data looks something like the provided: