[R] Subset based on multiple values

Amanduh320 aadams26 at uwo.ca
Wed Jul 11 20:33:59 CEST 2012

I'm stuck on a seemingly simple problem. I'm trying to subset the data by
several numbers and it cuts out half of the rows. Here is the sample code:

test <- as.matrix(c(1,1,1,1,3,3,7,7,7,7))
Count <- tapply(test[,1], test[,1], length)   # count for each value
spp <- unique(test[,1])
Count1 <- as.data.frame(cbind(Count,spp))
Max <- max(Count)
Count1$sppMax <- ifelse(Count1$Count >= Max, Count1$spp, 0)  # only keep
values that =Max
Count2 <- subset(Count1, sppMax > 0)    #get rid of values that are less
than Max
AllMax <- unique(Count2$sppMax)
test2 <- subset(test, test[,1] == AllMax)

this works where there is only one value for AllMax, how to make it work
when there are multiple?

Thank you!