[R] c(a, b) for POSIXct objects with tzone attributes?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Wed Jul 11 23:22:07 CEST 2012

Hi, Prof. Ripley, Bert:

       Thanks for the comments.

       Might there be a function similar to "c" but retains more
attributes than just names?

       Before I write such, I felt a need to ask if anyone knows where
it may already have been done -- and if people have suggestions for how
they think it should function with particular classes of objects?  For
example, if create an S3 generic "c2" for this, "c2.default" might
retains all the attributes that make sense from the first argument and
ignore attributes from later arguments if it makes sense to do so.  This
would then retain the tzone attribute from the first of multiple POSIXct
arguments.

       Thanks,
       Spencer