[R] easy way to fit saturated model in sem package?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 12 17:20:58 CEST 2012

Dear Joshua,

If I understand correctly what you want to do, the sem package won't do it.
That is, the sem() function won't do what often is called FIML estimation
for models with missing data. I've been thinking about implementing this
feature, and don't think that it would be too difficult, but I can't promise
when and if I'll get to it. You might also take a look at the lavaan
package.

As well, I must admit to some skepticism about the FIML estimator, as
opposed to approaches such as multiple imputation of missing data. I suspect
that the former is more sensitive than the latter to the assumption of
multinormality.

Best,
 John

John Fox