[R] Data from Stock and Watson or DAgostino papers?

Matt Considine matt at considine.net
Mon Jul 16 17:15:45 CEST 2012

Hello,
I am interested in looking at the dataset used by Stock and Watson in
their "Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Diffusion Indexes (J. of Business
and Econ. Statistics, April 2002, pp158-161) or the set used by
D'Agostino and Giannone "Comparing Alternative Predictors [...]"(October
2006) in R.

Does anyone know if the R-code to retrieve these series from FRED (as
opposed to McGraw-Hill) is out in the wild anywhere?  Before doing the
mapping from the papers to the St. Louis database and then doing the
coding, I thought I would ask if anyone has already gone down that road
or would know where else I could search for this answer (and - yes - I
have tried Google ...)

Thanks in advance,
Matt