[R] simulating survival data according to covariate values

Andres LaCortadora LaCortadora at kaffeeschluerfer.com
Tue Jul 17 09:47:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'd like to simulate survival times according to continuous covariate
values. Suppose we have a continuos covariate whose value of zero
corresponds to a mean survival time of 180 days and whose value of 0.5
corresponds to a mean survival time of 240 days. How can I use this
information to simulate survival times according to the covariate
information? I guess I have to use distribution functions like rexp or
rweibull? How can I use them to include this information on the covariates?
I'd be very glad for helpful information!

Kind regards
Andres