[R] The best solver for non-smooth functions?

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 19 02:05:29 CEST 2012

There are obviously a large variety of non-smooth problems;
for CVAR problems, if by this you mean conditional value at
risk portfolio problems, you can use modern interior point
linear programming methods.  Further details are here:

	http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/research/risk/risk.html

Roger Koenker
rkoenker at illinois.edu