[R] conditional increase by increment

penguins catrsw at bas.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 14:56:38 CEST 2012

Thanks William, that works fantastically!

I had a quick play with my data and have realised a potential problem in
that if an individual ends the series at home it records an additional
trip-no when one wasnt made. I was wondering whether you could think of a
way to alter it slightly so that the increment works on the 0 rather than
the 1;

for example:
land<-c(0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0)
the "trip_no" sequence produced would be   1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3

Many thanks