[R] Maintaining Column names while writing csv file.

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 14:14:13 CEST 2012

HI,

Possibly check.names=FALSE issue.

Try this:
dat1<-read.table(text="
  2.5a  3.6b  7.1c  7.9d
  100  3      4      2    3
  200  3.1  4      3      3
  300  2.2  3.3  2    4
  ",sep="",header=TRUE)
dat1
#You can get rid of those X by either using check.names=FALSE while reading the data

#with check.names=FALSE

dat1<-read.table(text="
  2.5a  3.6b  7.1c  7.9d
  100  3      4      2    3
  200  3.1  4      3      3
  300  2.2  3.3  2    4
  ",sep="",header=TRUE,check.names=FALSE)

dat1

#or before write.csv()
colnames(dat1)<-gsub("^[X](.*)","\\1",colnames(dat1))

A.K.