[R] cenbox(): Changing Default x-axis Group Labels

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 20 18:41:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> I don't have a cenbox() function that I can find, but your solution will
> (probably? hopefully?) be along the lines of:

Don,

   Well, I must have mis-typed that although I'm sure I read about it in the
NADA.pdf or Dennis' book. I'll look again. I don't get an error when calling
this method. Will look further and provide more information.

> foo <- boxplot( y ~ x, data=sdf, plot=FALSE)
> foo$names <- ifelse(foo$names, "Label for TRUE", "Label for FALSE")
> bxp(foo)
> where sdf is a dataframe containing your data and y and x are appropriate
> variables in it.

   I will definitely work more on this. Right now I need to get my client to
explain the many discrepancies in the data they sent before I go further
with analyses.

Thanks very much,

Rich