[R] FIML using lavaan returns zeroes for coefficients

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:59:58 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew,

I do not think there is a reason to avoid it for univariate regression
other than:

1) as was stated the predictors must be continuous
2) it will be slower (non issue for a handful of regressions on a few
thousand cases but for people doing thousands of regression on
millions of observations, a big concern)

In the next month or so, I may have a beta version of a package
primarily providing helper functions for fitting SEM models, but could
also include an lm()ish wrapper to lavaan.  It would use the
traditional formula interface, but issue a warning if factor variables
or variables with insufficient unique values were used (as either
predictors or outcomes).  If anyone would be interested in beta
testing, feel free to email me.  Once I have a basic package working,
it will go up on github.

Cheers,

Josh