[R] translating IDL to R

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 03:59:54 CEST 2012

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-July/319255.html

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-July/319256.html
> You could do a more or less direct translation of this IDL code to
> R, but for us to help easily we probably need example data files.

Good point! Fortunately, the GFED folks provide all the data and
metadata; unfortunately, it's spread over several sites and files.
Their example IDL code (see first link) references 3 files; I have
added a README gathering their metadata, and also including the sample
code. GFED_sample_data.zip (309 kB) contains 4 files

(7 kB) README.txt
(4 MB) GFED3.1_200401_C.txt
(9 MB) fraction_emissions_200401.nc
(2 MB) fraction_emissions_20040121.nc