[R] R doesn't recognize R_HOME value

Wed Jul 25 04:57:29 CEST 2012

You are asking us how your operating system works, but this list is about R.

The key thing you appear to not understand is that environment variables are local to each process, and default environment variables are received from the process that started any given process.

I ask you to go study this in a more appropriate place, and for our sanity in the meantime suggest that you set the environment variables in the Advanced area of the System control panel, and then log out and log in to make sure all your processes receive them.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing