[R] Variables in a Tabular form. easily saved in a txt file

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Thu Jul 26 17:49:17 CEST 2012

It is really not clear what you want without some idea of what the variables and data look like.

However if the data is in a couple of vectors you could try something like this
postal  <-  c(2134, 54, 12)
superb  <-  c(2,5,54433)
cities  <-  c("City1", "City2", "City3")
hds  <-  c("Postal.Code", "Superb")

mat  <- matrix( c(postal, superb), nrow=3)
colnames(mat)  <-  hds
rownames(mat)  <-  cities
mat

dat1  <-  data.frame(cities, postal, superb)
names(dat1)  <-  c("city", "postal.code", superb)
dat1

Both of these can be save to a text file using
?write.table

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada