[R] Sub-Directories

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jul 27 00:10:29 CEST 2012

I would suggest that you think in terms of several different working
directories, one for each project and located wherever you want, rather
than a "WorkingDirectory" with sub-directories.

Then, when you start R, learn how to set its working directory to a
project's directory. That will keep your R work for each project
independent of the others.

As to how you set the working directory in Windows R, there are at least
two ways:

  1)  use the setwd() command at the R prompt

  2)  use some R console menu command (and here I can't help you, because
I don't use Windows)

The documentation on the Windows console will tell you of at least one
other way...

And someone who uses Windows R will give a better answer!

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory