[R] selecting a subset of files to be processed

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 19:58:20 CEST 2012

Hi Erin,

It is not difficult to imagine doing it either in R or via the shell.
If they are all in the same directory, I would tend towards R, just
because you can easily set the seed and keep that information so you
can reproduce your random selection.

If the wd is in the directory with the files, from R just:

set.seed(10)
toprocess <- sample(list.files(), size = 45)

Cheers,

Josh