[R] length of variable in mlogit

Lee van Cleef l.van.cleef at gmx.net
Mon Jul 30 11:30:21 CEST 2012

Dear all,

does anybody have experience with building logits in Mlogit?

I want to test the use of a couple of alternative specific variables with a
generic regression coefficient. However, one of them simply does not work. R
says the length of this variable is different.

Problem: If I check the length of this special variable, I get a value,
which also other variables have – and with those, the logit model works! I
also checked the class of the explaining variables. The problem-laden
variable is a matrix – but the model is working with other variables which
are of the matrix and the data frame class. I also see no problems because
of wide/long formats.

Does anybody happen to know what else I can check?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards!