[R] Ubuntu installation

Tue Jul 31 15:42:05 CEST 2012

a) There are various routes to modifying sources.list... Ubuntu Software Center has a dialog box for it, and there are several other such tools.

b) I always copy-pasted from the instructions so I had no problems with fiddly bits.

c) Not all mirrors are created equal... sometimes you need to pick a different one to get the right combination of updated software and libraries. This changes over time, so I have never had the perfect storm of repository problems and new installation unfamiliarity to deal with.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing