[R] Spatial regression

DanielFV kalandru at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:07:46 CEST 2012

Dear list members,

I have a large dataset with point data. Each data point has X, Y, number of
species present and values for one single explanatory variable. Each point
was generated from a polygon grid shapefile and  they are at equal
distances.

I conducted GLS analyses introducing variance structures and correlation
structures to improve the model.
I plotted variograms before and after adding the correlation structures but
I would like to be able to conduct a test that gives me actual values for
spatial autocorrelation, so that I can show whether adding the correlation
structures improved significantly the model.
My variograms do not seem to improve after adding the correlation structures
so I don't know if I am conducting the right analyses.

Many thanks in advance

Daniel