[R] about lscv

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:23:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM, chester123 <chester123 at live.cn> wrote:
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Nowadays I just calculate the bandwidth h of cross validation in kernel
> smoothing using R language.
>
> And I just looked up the usage of function, which is lscv(x,......,
> exact=FALSE)

Do you mean lscv() from the locfit package? There's no lscv() in base R.

> My question is what does "........" stand for and mean?  do you mind
> specifically explaining it for me?

"........" doesn't mean anything.

"..." - three dots, or an ellipsis, means exactly what it says in the help:

... 	other arguments to locfit or lscv.exact

If you read the help for locfit() and lscv.exact() you will see the
optional arguments that can be passed to lscv by name.

The examples given in the help for lscv() even demonstrate how to use
that capability.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee