[R] raw input prompt

meatloafthefrog meatloafthefrog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:01:07 CEST 2012

Ah. I'm very new to this and I definitely wasn't clear enough about what I'm
trying to do... sorry.

I am extracting information (in this case, DNA sequences to be exported to a
fasta file) from just two columns of a table that has a lot of extraneous...
stuff.  I want a prompt that asks the user for the file name of the table,
the response to which will be the name of the table in R.

So I did something like:

file_name = function()                                         #This
function, when called up, prompts the user to enter the file name.
{
readline("Enter name of csv file: ")
}
filename = file_name()
Table_1 = read.table(print(filename), header = TRUE, stringsAsFactors =
FALSE, sep = ",")       #Reads in the csv table

but this just 'hard codes' the name of the table to be "Table_1." Is there a
way to use the user input as the name of the table?

Thank you