[R] Fwd: regsubsets (Leaps)

farmedgirl ksteinmann at cdpr.ca.gov
Sat Jun 2 04:48:55 CEST 2012

Bert, if you have caught your breath yet (i would insert a smilely here, but
i hate smileys), can i ask you another question?

I see your affiliation has the word Genotech in it. Of all the things i have
been reading about, it seemed my best hope could be in following tools
statistical/data dredging tools used by geneticists - seems they are often
faced with enormous numbers of parameters and few data points.  do you know
anything about this? ie do they reduce their variables first through
principle components/clustering  or some such other tool?

this may be equally off track, but i intend to find a way to 'do what i wish
to do', even if the process of elimination and learning curve kills me...
sigh... groan