[R] Log-normal probability plot

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 19:11:35 CEST 2012

On Jun 2, 2012, at 9:38 PM, eliza botto wrote:

You might consider the strategy of reading the Posting Guide, followed
by posting an intelligible message.

> Dear R users,
>
> You can literally safe my
> life my telling me the solution of my problem. I have created matrix
> of a data
> frame with 3 columns, with each column representing data of
> different year.
>
>  2
...snipped useless srting of numbers mangled by mailer processing of
HTML.

> 4
>

> I now want to plot “Lognormal
> probability plot” of each column data against its respective “normal
> reduced
> variante(z)”.

"Normal reduced variate"? What is that? Is it a set of numbers that
have been centered and scaled, also known as a z-transform? If so, I
do not think it should affect the results of a probability plot since
it is just a linear transformation and the theoretical quantiles will
be unaffected.

You might look at qqplot()

> How to do that?

> If you don’t know the
> answer, consider me dead.

What greater lifesaving project are you trying to accomplish, ....
other than getting homework done?

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT