[R] Problems installing Packages

Sven D sduve at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:21:31 CEST 2012

Thanks for the replies,

1st, installing the BLAS library indeed worked out, and I was able to load
the packages.

2nd, I was trying to build from repository directly. But even worse, I
cannot tell you if i touched the BLAS linker flags, BUT there seem to be
more problems of a similar nature, ie. I am trying to install a package
which utilises Java, and when it tests during installation if it can compile
Java, it failes and aborts the installation. Since I did this on the linux
console, I cant copy and paste the error into this message, but it clearly
is missing the link to /javac and /javah.

i'll type it down anyway:

checking Java Support in R... configure: Error: cannot determine complete
Java config
JAVA_HOME: usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-i386/jre
JAVA: usr/bin/java
JAVAC:
JAVAH:
JAVA_CPPFLAGS:
JAVA_LIBS: .......

Running javareconf did not show any results, although java is installed
correctly through the ubuntu software center, supposing that works without
errors.

The package I am failing with is StatET for R:

install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"),
repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-1.1")

It fails trying to compile Java, and aborts.

I am on R 2.15 and ubuntu 12.04 and java6openjdk

thanks