[R] Chi square value of anova(binomialglmnull, binomglmmod, test="Chisq")

lincoln miseno77 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:52:21 CEST 2012

Thank you for your commentaries and suggestions.

Site 0 and site 1 are interpretable like events.
In fact these data come from a simultaneous observations of individuals in
two different sites (so they are independent observations: while one
individual is observed in one site it can't be in another).

Each individual is assigned to age "0" (first year of age), or "1" (all the
rest); even though it may seem a very strong (brutal?) pooling, from a
biological point of view it makes sense given these two classes of
individuals are quite homogeneous in their dispersal behavior within each
age class (0 or 1). The goal of this analysis is just to characterize their
dispersal behavior (which individuals stay home at site 0 and which ones
disperse to site 1?

About the "birth" issue, here I am more in doubt. "Birth" relates to the
month of birth (5= May, 6= June, 7= July). It seems to me too it is a quite
severe pooling (one individual born 1st June is 5 as one individual born
30th June but one individual born 30th May or 1st July is 4 or 6 - it
doesn't make much sense). Anyway I didn't find a way to better measure this
variable as there is no a real starting and ending point, more or less
individuals may born since 1st May up to 31th July (I mean in my data set
there are no individuals born before and after these dates).

Any hint?