[R] Fourier descriptors created in a loop

aledanda danda.galli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:50:07 CEST 2012

Hi All,

Here is the problem: I'm trying to generate a number of Fourier Descriptors
figures for an experiment.
All I need is that they are created within a  loop and saved with sequential
names (e.g., s1_1.png, s1_2.png etc..) in my directory.

I created a nested loop with a counter for the different amplitudes for the
actual shapes and a counter for the file names.

This script:

*count <- seq(1, 7, 0.06)

for (i in 1:count){
  for (s in 1:length(count)){

    png("~/Desktop/EMAS/FD_stimuli/s1_",s,".png")

    plot(create.fourier.descriptor(amplitude = c(0, i, 0, 0)));

    dev.off()

  }
}*

.... gives me the following error:

/Error in switch(units, `in` = res, cm = res/2.54, mm = res/25.4, px = 1) *
:
  non-numeric argument to binary operator
In addition: Warning message:
In 1:count : numerical expression has 101 elements: only the first used/

it seems to be a problem with the resolution of each picture which is
different one form the other. In principle this shouldn't be a problem if
every time a new png is created.

could you help me with this?
Thank you very much
Best,