[R] Good Decision Trees with Product Purchased Data?

VikR vikr at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 5 22:42:33 CEST 2012

A client has inquired about producing a decision tree from data which could
include:

- ID of brand purchased
- Importance ratings (1-10 scale) for a number of relevant attributes
(price, strength, recommended by a friend, etc.)  In other words, a rating
of how important each attribute is in the decision as to which brand to
purchase.

I've just run a test decision tree using the closest thing to a similar data
set, that I have at hand .  But only one attribute was selected for
plotting.  I used the "Tree" package for this test.

Question:
- Does one usually get good decision trees using data of this kind?

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.