[R] Trouble with Functions

dougmcintosh doug.mcintosh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:00:09 CEST 2012

FYI - here are the errors (I can get rid of the first one by removing the
progress parameter - which I understand controls whether a progress bar is
displayed). The second one stops at the gsub call.

Maybe if someone could give me a properly formatted example I could work
from instead?

Thanks!
(the caret is underneath the ? after progress in the first case, and under
the parenthesis in the second)
> source('/Documents/score.txt')
Error in source("Documents/score.txt") :
  /Users/dougmcintosh/Documents/score.txt:1:73: unexpected input
1: score.sentiment = function(sentences, pos.words, neg.words, .progress = ?

> source('/Documents/score.txt')
Error in source("Documents/score.txt") :
  /Users/dougmcintosh/Documents/score.txt:15:17: unexpected input
14:
15: sentence = gsub(?