[R] how to add a vertical line for each panel in a lattice dotplot with log scale?

maxbre mbressan at arpa.veneto.it
Thu Jun 7 14:37:34 CEST 2012

...and what if I need to plot another vertical line for showing also the
means for each panel?
by simply adding another call to panel.abline () seems not producing a
correct result for each panel

# medians and means for each panel:
dotplot(variety ~ yield | site, data = barley,
       scales=list(x=list(log=TRUE)),
       layout = c(1,6),
       panel = function(x,y,...) {
       panel.dotplot(x,y,...)
       median.values <- median(x)
       panel.abline(v=median.values, col.line="red")
       mean.values <- mean(x)
       panel.abline(v=mean.values, col.line="red")
})

In the dataset I'm currently working on (which is not the above mentioned
example) I've got a wrong plottting of the means for each panel, what I'm
missing?

thanks