[R] Process XML files

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jun 8 17:08:09 CEST 2012

On 06.06.2012 22:44, Santosh wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> Sorry for posting the SPlus related question here.. I have not found any
> solution yet after some attempts and hence, sending it to a wider spectrum
> of users! I was successful in processing files uing R's XML librariy.

Not that we know, we just know about an R *package* called XML.

> Thank
> you, Rxperts!
>
> I know there are libraries like XML and SPXML available in S-Plus. Could
> anyone please share examples of reading an xml file and save the contents
> in a data frame?
>
> Are there Splus equivalents of "getNodeSet",  "xmlSApply" and "xmlValue"?

Most of us do not have S-PLUS available to check (actually, we do have a
13 year old copy S-PLUS 4.5 at our department). You do, obviously, hence
why not check it yourself? And if you can't, why not ask the vendor of
your statistics software?

Best,
Uwe Ligges