[R] Determinant and inverse using cholsky parameter

nataraj at orchidpharma.com nataraj at orchidpharma.com
Mon Jun 11 08:55:38 CEST 2012

Thanks for all who replied me to this topic. I have the "L" (cholesky decomposed matrix)as a vector listed as columwise as mentioned in the article http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.31.494 and looking for functions to convert the vector into inverse matrix ( but chol2inv mentioned by Kjetil, takes up matrix form) and the corresponding determinant value (square of the product of the diagonal element of the L).

I am going to use the function in an maximum likelihood optimization routine for estimating variables in a variance-covariance matrix.

Thanks and regards,
B.Nataraj