[R] Cholesky decomposition error

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jun 14 14:48:07 CEST 2012

Your matrix is not symmetric, positive definite. If you don't know
what this means, you shouldn't be using chol()

This may be because it isn't to begin with, or due to numerical error,
it doesn't behave as one in the decomposition. My relative ignorance
of numeric methods for linear algebra prevents me from saying more
than that.

-- Bert