[R] separate the sentence after finding a particular word

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Thu Jun 14 16:12:19 CEST 2012

Hello,

I don't understand, do you want to output:

1st line: the original input line
2nd line: " I want output in following format " <-- this line

3rd line and following: the input line broken by the patterns

Then just

f <- function(x, pattern) unlist(strsplit(x, pattern))

x <- "I love to watch movies  of Hollywood but should not be romantic...I
want to
      join you school but due to bad financial condition I cant.. "

x <- gsub("[[:space:]]+", " ", x)

out <- Reduce(f, c(x, pat))
out <- c("1st line", "2nd line", out)

Rui Barradas