[R] R: Securities earning covariance

ANGELO.LINARDI at bancaditalia.it ANGELO.LINARDI at bancaditalia.it
Fri Jun 15 10:05:01 CEST 2012

Good morning.

I have a real fuzzy question to ask; we have a calculation engine which
is composed by n virtual machines each of them with a jvm 2GB of memory
on Linux Red Hat each of them with the "R" package which comes along
with the Red Hat Linux distribution.
We have now to increase the number of "nodes" trying to avoid to use new
virtual or physical machines. So my question is: is it possible to
install multiple jvm on the same machine each of them with its
independent instance of R ?
Should I "duplicate" the initial R installation to get different
instances with different libraries ? Is it enough or even in this case
the different instances "share" something so they are not really "fully
independent" ?
Thanks so much for you help

Angelo Linardi

** Le e-mail provenienti dalla Banca d'Italia sono trasmesse in buona fede e non
comportano alcun vincolo ne' creano obblighi per la Banca stessa, salvo che cio' non
sia espressamente previsto da un accordo scritto.
Questa e-mail e' confidenziale. Qualora l'avesse ricevuta per errore, La preghiamo di
comunicarne via e-mail la ricezione al mittente e di distruggerne il contenuto. La
informiamo inoltre che l'utilizzo non autorizzato del messaggio o dei suoi allegati
potrebbe costituire reato. Grazie per la collaborazione.
-- E-mails from the Bank of Italy are sent in good faith but they are neither binding on
the Bank nor to be understood as creating any obligation on its part except where
provided for in a written agreement. This e-mail is confidential. If you have received it
by mistake, please inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete it from your system.
Please also note that the unauthorized disclosure or use of the message or any
attachments could be an offence. Thank you for your cooperation. **