[R] Apply() on columns

faelsendoorn f.a.elsendoorn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:09:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have some trouble with the following: I have a table of 7 rows and
6columns. The columns 1,2,3 have information about the number of employees.
The columns 4,5,6 have information about the number of working hours. Each
row, is corresponding with a week.
My goal is to make a boxplot, histogram etc. of the columns 4, 5 and 6
(thus, the data of the number of working hours). How can I select by using
the function Apply the weeks i needed for fullfulling my goal?

I already tried something with environment variables but that is a hard
stop.  I think, when I can select the columns I wanted with the
corresponding rows, that it would not be a problem making a histogram etc.

Yours,

Frans Elsendoorn