[R] noob requesting help

capital_P petervw48 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 16 20:56:59 CEST 2012

David Winsemius wrote

>> Try
>>
>> dat2 <- data.frame(do.call(cbind, dat), stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
>
> Use instead:
>
> dat2 <- data.frame( dat, stringsAsFactors=FALSE)

Both do not seem to work:

> dat2 <- data.frame(do.call(cbind, dat), stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 136 Kb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In function (..., deparse.level = 1)  :
  number of rows of result is not a multiple of vector length (arg 3)
2: In structure(list(message = as.character(message), call = call),  :
  Reached total allocation of 2047Mb: see help(memory.size)
3: In structure(list(message = as.character(message), call = call),  :
  Reached total allocation of 2047Mb: see help(memory.size)

> dat2 <- data.frame(dat, stringsAsFactors == FALSE)
Error in data.frame(dat, stringsAsFactors == FALSE) :
  object 'stringsAsFactors' not found

I do feel like this is going in the right direction. Thanks for your help so
far.