[R] Temporal disaggregation

stef salvez loggyedy at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:54:57 CEST 2012

you are right Jeff and sorry for this

I will try to explain what I want.

I have the following dataset

dat <- data.frame("country" = c(rep(1,4)),
                "date" = c("23/11/08","28/12/08","25/01/09","22/02/09"),
                "price" = c(2,3,4,5))

Normally,  prices are observed every  4 weeks (28 days). Each
observation that it is published is a 4-week average. In some cases,
though, I have jumps (35 days-see from "23/11/08" to "28/12/08").  So
some prices that are published are 5-week average

I want to interpolate the 4-week average prices to monthly prices
so as to have

dat <- data.frame("country" = c(rep(1,4)),
                "date" = c("11/08","12/08","01/09","02/09"),
                "price" = c(3,2,1,4))

where the "new" "price" = c(3,2,1,4) will contain the interpolated
prices. So by starting what I have , that is,  - "price" = c(2,3,4,5))
-I want to calculate monthly average prices via interpolation.

I hope to have been more explicit.

thank you and apologies for one more time,