[R] out put of loop in list

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Mon Jun 18 15:39:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

Please read the posting guide: to draw samples from what? A vector?
Matrix? Etc...

Anyway, here it goes. In all cases the result is a list with 4 elements.

# Draw 4 samples of integers from 1 to 10
x <- rep(10, 4)

# without replacement
set.seed(1)
lapply(x, sample, size=6)

# with replacement
set.seed(12)
lapply(x, sample, size=6, replace=TRUE)

#

# Draw 4 samples from a vector
# Make up a vector
set.seed(123)
(y <- sample(LETTERS, 10))
lapply(1:4, function(i) sample(y, size=6, replace=TRUE))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas