[R] making svm work harder

luiceur l.cebamanos at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 15:45:58 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am working on an optimization of the svm classification function based on
the package e1071. So far we have not been able to find any dataset that
really slows down the application. However, from R users surveys seem that
svm would be a good function to speed up.
Is there any one working with this package and has experienced long time
simulations? Do you know a dataset that could help us to properly profile
the svm? Could you give me an example of how to read it and apply it to svm?

Please, any help would be much appreciated!!!

Best,