[R] Creating interactive 3D graphs for embedding in pdf not possible in R?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:14:51 CEST 2012

On 12-06-22 3:32 AM, baptiste auguie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try this post:
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Exporting-an-rgl-graph-tp1872712p1905113.html

There's no more progress on U3D from me since that thread, but rgl can
now export WebGL format, which is viewable in most browsers (though not
IE).  This is quite new and still a little incomplete, but it is working.

So to solve the 3D-in-PDF problem, you could extend Luke's U3D code to
handle more general objects (which are now more accessible; I needed to
expose a lot of data when writing the WebGL support), or lobby Adobe to
put WebGL support into Acrobat :-).

Duncan Murdoch