[R] axis in r plot

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:13:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:51 AM, sathya7priya <sathya7priya at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a graph plotted in r.The x axis tickmarks are at 0,5,10. I need a
> graph with resolution of tickmarks at 0.1 interval.When i place tickmarks of
> 0.1 intervals using the following command   axis(1, at=seq(0,5,0.1),
> cex.axis=0.7, las=2)  I only get the tickmarks of 0.1 interval that are very
> closed placed in the graph.I need to increase the spacing between each
> tickmark. Please anyone help out this.

Ticks at 0.1 interval will be very closely spaced on an axis of length 5:
> length(seq(0,5,0.1))
[1] 51

There's no way to both have ticks at 0.1 and not have ticks at 0.1,
which is what you seem to be asking.

Why do you need that many ticks? Can you place them at .5 instead? Or larger?

Otherwise I suppose you could just make a bigger graph. You don't
provide reproducible (or any) code, so I have no idea what graphics
device you're using and can't provide specifics.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org