[R] 3D version of triax.plot (package plotrix)

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sat Jun 23 00:50:28 CEST 2012

On 06/23/2012 12:27 AM, althalis wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have been looking for exactly the same 3D equilateral pyramid
> representation in R and couldn't find an answer in all the forum discussions
> I've red.
> It's been 2 years since the last post on the subject here, did anybody find
> the way to make it ?

Hi Julie,
The short answer is unfortunately no. plotrix is not a true 3D rendering
package, despite pretending to do 3D pie charts and bars. I have played
around with using POVRay as a rendering device, and while it works
beautifully, I have not been able to develop a reasonably simple way to
specify useful 3D plots from R. I may wake up with a brilliant solution
to this one morning, and I will certainly let the R help list know if I do.

Jim