[R] equality of values

Andreia Leite andreiaheitorleite at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:58:00 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I'm trying to do a loop where I should choose a cell of a data frame
comparing it with another. The code actually works for the majority of the
loop but for some reason it doesn't and I can't figure out why.

When I tried to understand why I've noticed this:

> dif[11]
[1] 118.8333
> linhasUpdate[10,6]
[1] 118.8333
> dif[11]==linhasUpdate[10,6]
[1] FALSE

Even though the values are the same R says they aren't! This happens for
some of the values (44) and for the others (128) it works fine.

Does anybody why is this happening or a way to fix it? I' using 2.15.0.

Thanks a lot!

Andreia Leite