[R] Questions about doing analysis based on time

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:27:00 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM, APOCooter <mikeedinger16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [snip and rearrange]
>
>> try to put your data in a proper time series class (zoo/xts if I
>>might give a personal-ish plug) which will make all these calculations
>>much easier.
>
> I thought that's what I was doing with as.POSIXlt?

as.POSIXlt converts your time stamps to one of many formats (though
it's really probably better to use as.POSIXct instead) -- zoo/xts
objects are "containers" for time series data and provide you with
methods/wrappers to do many common time-series style calculations.
E.g., rollapply() or period.apply()

Best,
Michael