[R] Passing Arima Parameters from Excel to R

PaulJr paulbernal07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:43:18 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I would like to have an Excel SpreadSheet with a Macro that allows me to
select between the following Models (in the form of a combobox): AR, MA,
ARMA and ARIMA. And depending on the model chosen, give Excel the parameters
(for p, q, d and P, D, Q).
I want to find a way to connect R with Excel in such a way that, If I select
the desired model and the required parameters I could pass those to the
arima.fit function and then generate the graph and produce the forecasts
from R.

Is there a way to do this?

Best regards,

Paul