[R] Strating value problem for CG in optim()

nataraj at orchidpharma.com nataraj at orchidpharma.com
Fri Jun 29 09:59:01 CEST 2012

Thanks Ruben and John for replying to me. I am trying Rcgmin as suggested by John Nash with numerical gradient but the result converged so for not close to what I got in CG implemented in optim( ) and I have to find the analytical gradient equation for multivariate Gaussian distribution. Is this function available in R already?

Ruben , In my current approach, all possible starting value of parameters converges to the value of objective function to $value 23.25272 however I am trying to look up to other parameters to justify the predicted parameters.

I have one more doubts, my objective function returning negative value to optim() in order to consider it as maximizer, does that mean it also return the parameter as negative value ?

Thanks!
B.Nataraj