[R] data.table vs plyr reg output

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Fri Jun 29 13:35:48 CEST 2012

Hi Geoff,

Please see this part of the r-help posting guide :

     " For questions about functions in standard packages distributed with R
(see the FAQ Add-on packages in R), ask questions on R-help.  If the
question relates to a contributed package , e.g., one downloaded from CRAN,
try contacting the package maintainer first. You can also use
find("functionname") and packageDescription("packagename") to find this
information. ONLY send such questions to R-help or R-devel if you get no
reply or need further assistance. This applies to both requests for help and
to bug reports. "

Where I've capitalised ONLY since it is bold in the original HTML.  I only
saw your post thanks to Google Alerts.

maintainer("data.table") returns the email address of the datatable-help
list, with the posting guide in mind. However, for questions like this, I'd
suggest the data.table tag on Stack Overflow (which I subscribe to) :

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/data.table

Btw, I recently presented at LondonR.  Here's a link to the slides :

    http://datatable.r-forge.r-project.org/LondonR_2012.pdf

Matthew