[R] Standard variance / devistion clarification

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Thu Mar 1 22:52:22 CET 2012

No it's an outlier problem, I think.

If you have a fairly small number of sets of these numbers simple visual inspection of a boxplot for each set would probably acomplish what you want.

Try this in R for an example. Just paste the next two lines into R

xx <- c(1, 1, 2, 10, 100, 10,1)
boxplot(xx)

After this it gets more complicated, but it you're new here let's take it one step at a time

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada