[R] Vector errors and missing values

jahughes81 jessica.hughes at acl.psych.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 2 04:03:50 CET 2012

Hi,

I am trying to run two Non-Gaussian regressions: logistic and probit. I am
receiving two different errors when I try to run these regressions and I am
not sure what they mean or how to fix my syntax.

Here is the logistic regression error:

Error in family$linkfun(mustart) :
  Argument mu must be a nonempty numeric vector

Here is the probit regression error:

Error in pmax(eta, -thresh) : cannot mix 0-length vectors with others

The dataset that I am using has some missing data. R puts NA values in place
of the missing values. I am not sure if this is what is causing my vector
problems or not. I have tried to use the 'data=na.omit(DataMiss)' in my glm
as well as the command: 'na.action=na.exclude', but I am not sure if I am
using the correct syntax because it is not working.

Any help would be most appreciated.